Awnings are a great way to provide shade and protection from the elements while enjoying your outdoor space. When choosing an awning, it's important to consider the type of cassette and accessories that will best suit your needs. Here's a closer look at your options:
Awning Cassette Options:
- Full Cassette: A full cassette awning has a fully enclosed cassette that completely covers the fabric and mechanism when the awning is retracted. This is the best option for keeping your awning protected and increasing its lifespan. The fully enclosed cassette protects the fabric from the elements, such as rain, wind, and snow, reducing the amount of wear and tear on the awning over time. A full cassette awning is the most expensive option, but it is worth the investment for its longevity.
- Semi-Cassette: A semi-cassette awning is partially enclosed, with the fabric of the awning covered from above but open underneath, exposing the arms and mechanism to the elements. This option is less expensive than a full cassette awning but still provides some protection to the fabric. However, exposure to the elements can shorten the life of the awning and reduce its longevity.
- Open: An open awning is the most basic option, with the fabric and mechanism completely exposed to the elements. While this may be suitable for Mediterranean countries, it is not recommended for areas with varying weather conditions like the UK, as it can lead to a shorter lifespan for the awning.
Once you've chosen your awning cassette type, you can also choose from a range of accessories to customize your awning:
- Remote Control: Remote control options allow you to easily extend and retract your awning with the touch of a button, making it more convenient to use.
- Wind and Rain Sensors: Wind and rain sensors automatically retract the awning when the weather turns bad, providing extra protection for your awning.
- LED Lighting: LED lighting can be installed in your awning, providing a source of light for your outdoor space in the evening.
- Heaters: Heaters can be installed in your awning, providing warmth and comfort on cooler evenings.
Awning with Valance:
A valance is an additional piece of fabric that is attached to the awning, either at the sides or on the front. It provides privacy while sitting outside in your garden, and extra shade in the evening when the sun is sitting lower in the sky. Additionally, it can provide some protection from the rain.
When choosing an awning, you can select from a range of manufacturer options, including Weinor and Markilux.
In conclusion, a full cassette awning is the best option for longevity and protection from the elements. You can customize your awning with a range of accessories to suit your needs and preferences. If you're still unsure which awning is right for you, get in touch with a professional for advice and recommendations.